For Nurse Practitioner Faculty
APEA provides a roadmap for success by providing a variety of exams, learning resources, and remediation tools to fit the needs of both students and faculty. Check out our products to find the ideal resources for your program and curriculum.
APEA offers three secure FNP and AGNP exam databases; the 3P Exam, Pre-Predictor Exam, and Post-Predictor Exam. Each uses randomized, multiple choice questions tested and analyzed for reliability, validity, and predictability.
- The 3P Exam tests in Pharmacotherapeutics, Pathophysiology, and Physical Assessment. A passing score of 62% or greater indicates clinical readiness.
- The Pre-Predictor Exam is administered at the beginning of the last semester, allowing students to remediate weaknesses in preparation for the Post-Predictor. A score of 70% or greater predicts success.
- The Post-Predictor Exam is administered at the end of the last semester as preparation for the certification exam. As in the Pre-Predictor, a score of 70% or greater also predicts success. APEA’s Post-Predictor Exam is considered a National Standardized Comprehensive Exit Exam and can be used as a tool for student and curriculum evaluation.
(Pediatric Predictor Exam coming in 2017)
APEA provides customized reports to our university customers.These reports can be utilized to meet CCNE Standard IV. They also allow faculty to compare cohort to cohort and correlate knowledge areas with testing domains in the Post-Predictor Exam.
- MyQBank is available as two products: Patient Assessment and Patient Management and includes over 2,500 questions with rationales. These products can be utilized for student remediation or as an adjunct to faculty instruction. The Faculty Dashboard allows faculty to monitor and view students’ progress.
- The CE Center contains online video modules, which can be used as an adjunct to faculty teaching or as a remediation tool. Students can follow along with the included syllabus and test themselves with the two available sets of 100 practice questions.
See Review Courses for more information
Live lecture by Dr. Amelie Hollier
APEA offers excellent Review Courses in preparation for certification exams or faculty re-certification. Available in live, online, and audio formats.
Live: First attempt 99% pass rate on the certification exams
Online: Use as an adjunct to faculty teaching or as a remediation tool
Audio: Download on our APEA mobile app or purchase an MP3 player
APEA provides numerous tools and resources that can be utilized in the classroom as well as in the clinical setting. The Pharmacology Bundle, one of our most popular products, includes:
- Pharm in a Flash – Color coded by body system, brand and generic name, mechanism of action, and more. All the important information a student needs in handy index card size.
- Topical Steroid Cards - Set of 3 cards: Includes colored diagram, dosage chart, and listing of topical steroids by potency, available quantity and vehicle.
- Pediatric Dosing Cards - Spiral-bound set of six pocket sized cards arranged by class: penicillins, cephalosporins, macrolides, et cetera – with the correct dose by weight and concentrations.
- Antibiotic Cards - Information displayed in an easy to use color coded format. Arranged by bugs, drugs and treatments. Learn and understand at the same time.
Numerous books can be found in our Online Store. APEA’s best sellers are the Certification Practice Questions, 2016 Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care, and The Comprehensive Health History and Physical Examination. Utilize each throughout the program.
- Certification Practice Questions - Includes FNP and AGNP management questions with rationales. 2017 edition coming soon.
- Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care – The most current peer-reviewed Primary Care reference book on the market, Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care includes updated guidelines and pharmacology tables. Can be utilized as a textbook throughout the entire curriculum. APEA also offers CareOnPoint, the online version of Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care.
- Comprehensive Health History and Physical Examination - The concise guide provides depth in each of the major sections of the subjective history, as well as, the comprehensive objective exam in a quick-reference outline format.
Viewing ordering information and University Order Forms.Order Now